rainbow above Slate Creek, Colorado--by Devin Kerr © VistaBooks
Books on the outdoors and American history--
many written by those who lived it--
sold in national and state parks, museums, gift shops, bookstores
--with 334,800 copies in circulation.
"Relive their stories"
Some of our authors and illustrators
VistaBooks Titles by theme--
- Explorations--finding ways through the West
- Maritime--lighthouses, lifesavers, whaling; including all U.S. coasts
- Mountaineering--early ascents in Northwest, Tetons, Sierra Nevada
- National Parks--a cookbook and an early ranger book plus links to books for individual parks
- Native American & Rock Art--Southern Ute Indians of Colorado, pictographs & petroglyphs in North America, Custer battle.
- Nature--wild sheep, water ouzel, buffalo, among the animals and plants of Yosemite
- Railroads--transcontinental rail history
- Western Americana--emigrants, explorers, gunfighters, Indian wars.
- Thomas Moran--books having illustrations by Moran
- John Muir--reprints of some of his most enduring and entertaining nature stories
- John Wesley Powell--first down the Colorado River from Wyoming through the Grand Canyon of Arizona.
- Frederic Remington--books having illustrations by Remington
- Mark Twain---books by Samuel Clemens, "Mark Twain"
VistaBooks Titles by region--
- California & Nevada--Lake Tahoe & Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks, coastal, desert, Virginia City.
- Central U.S.--St. Louis history, Mammoth Caves, Hot Springs.
- Colorado--ghost towns, early railroads, mining days, Denver history.
- Hawaii--tales of old times by old timers and by Mark Twain.
- Lake Tahoe--the lake, its last grizzly bear, Virginia City, Donner emigrants
- New England Coast--early travelers on the north Atlantic Coast
- Northwest/Alaska--mountaineering history climbing Mount Baker, John Muir reprints on Stickeen and Glacier Bay.
- Sequoia & Kings
Canyon National Parks--mountaineering by
Clarence King and nature by John Muir
- Southwest--early Arizona traveler.
- Yellowstone & Grand Teton--ascent of Grand Teton, John Muir reprint on Yellowstone features.
- Yosemite--discovery, geology, story behind the scenery
VistaBooks Title lists--
- Cobweb Corner--used/out-of-print/rare books at VistaBooks Distributing.
- Scuffed Specials--slightly damaged book bargains of 50 to 70% off--for resellers, individuals, and libraries at VistaBooks Distributing.
VistaBooks Outlet-- exits Sale at 50%-90% off -outdoors, nature, American history, national parks
VistaBooks HomeMore info on how to reach us
VistaBooks site search--Use search form at page bottoms.
left to right, then down)
"Buffalo Bill" (William Cody), "Wild Bill" (James Hickock), John Muir
Patrick Breen, Nathaniel Langford, John Wesley Powell,
Thomas Moran, Virginia Murphy, Bat Masterson
Clarence King, "Mark Twain" (Samuel Clemens), Theodore Roosevelt
Horace Albright, Lafayette Bunnell, Jerome Green, , Frederic Remington
Sample illustrations from VistaBooks titles:
A DISCLAIMER AND A REQUEST: You can find at least some of our titles on other websites. We do not control the content of those sites. If you find an inaccuracy or other problem, however, we would appreciate knowing of it so we can attempt resolution. Thanks. Too, our pages may be cached by saarch services; if so, please click on or copy the links we provide on the bottom of each page.
VistaBooks LLC is a
business name registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark
Office as trademark #2,428,553
and is also registered as a limited liability company with the Colorado Secretary of State.
VistaBooks began in 1972 as Outbooks and now also includes VistaBooks Outlet.
This "VistaBooks homepage" page last modified 06/17/2018 07:59:57 PM. Did you come here from a link on another website? For latest version of this page, click or copy to your browser: http://www.vistabooks.com/visthome.htm. Copyright © 2018 VistaBooks LLC.